Copycat Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Potato Soup
Cozy up to a bowl of rich, hearty potato soup with this Copycat Cracker Barrel Old Country Store copycat soup recipe. This soup only has a few ingredients so it's simple to make in your own home. With potatoes, celery, milk, and just a few additions, you will quickly have a delicious soup that's just as good as the restaurant version. This is a rich potato soup recipe that is not too heavy or creamy, but still makes a hearty meal. Serve it with a side salad or a sandwich for a great lunch or dinner.
Like this cracker barrel copycat recipe? Then you'll love checking out the rest of this 9 Must-Have Cracker Barrel Restaurant Recipes!
Updated Recipe: This recipe has been updated to accomodate the feedback in the comments. The instructions have been clarified and the proportions of the ingredients were altered slightly to make it a better soup recipe. Enjoy this updated version of Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Potato Soup!
Cooking Time50 min
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 x 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces chopped celery
- 2 quarts water
- 4 ounces chicken base
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 quart milk
- 4 ounces melted margarine
- 1 cup flour
- Put potatoes, celery, water, chicken base, salt, and pepper in large pot and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add milk and bring to 170 degrees F.
- In bowl blend melted margarine and flour till smooth. Then add 1 quart of soup broth (from the pot) and blend. Using wire whisk, add back to pot and blend well. Simmer 20 minutes.
Read NextCopy Cat Maid Rite Sandwiches