Honey and lemon add to the great taste of gingersnap granola. This recipe will satisfy your need of a warm breakfast. The best part about it is it's quick and easy to make.
- 3 cups oat bran
- 2 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light or dark molasses
- 2 grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 15-by-10-inch jellyroll pan or rimmed baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine oat bran and oats; mix well and set aside.
- Put margarine in 2-cup microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high (1 00 percent power) 30 to 45 seconds or until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Drizzle over combined cereals, stirring until evenly coated; spread evenly in pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 1O minutes.
- Cool granola in pan on wire rack.
- Store tightly covered.
Read NextHoney Lemon Cups