Wonderful All Day Pot Roast
Making a pot roast in your slow cooker is a foolproof way to make a comforting family dinner. This recipe for Wonderful All Day Pot Roast is a slow cooker dinner recipe that cooks all day, so you can prepare it in the morning and forget about it until dinner. Browning the meat before placing it in the slow cooker adds a flavor element that will make it practically melt in your mouth.
Preparation Time20 min
Slow Cooker Time LOW10 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 6 small red potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into quarters
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch long sticks
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can Campbell's Condensed Beefy Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can Campbell's Condensed Beef Consomme
- 2 coup cans water
- Ground black pepper and dried tarragon leaves
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onions and celery into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Top with the beef. Stir the soup, consommé and water in a small bowl. Pour the soup mixture over all.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 11 hours or until the beef is fork-tender and the vegetables are tender. Season with the black pepper and tarragon.
Read NextChicken Crunch