This Millionaire's Cake is one of those yellow cake mix recipes that will "wow" party guests with its great flavor. With layers of pudding, cream cheese, pineapple and Cool Whip, this refreshing icebox cake is perfect to serve on a hot summer day. It's hard to find easy cake recipes like this one that are light and airy enough for the warm weather months, so hold onto this one. It's a keeper! I topped the cake with shredded coconut and cherries. You could add walnuts or pecans if you like. Whatever you use for the toppings, just have fun with it and make it pretty. Impress your guests when you bring it out of the kitchen. This cake definitely has a tropical feel, but it's refreshing to eat in the winter as well as in the summer. It might take your mind off of the snow.
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 small package of instant pudding (pineapple or vanilla), plus ingredients listed on the box
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (22-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16-ounce) container Cool Whip
- nuts, cherries or coconut, for topping
- Bake 1/2 of the cake (according to cake mix box instructions) in a 9 x 13-inch pan. You can either make the whole cake and use the other half for cupcakes, or you can make the whole cake mix recipe and then double the other ingredients in this recipe.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package, beating in the softened cream cheese until well blended. Spread over cake.
- Drain pineapple and squeeze out excess juice. Distribute over pudding mixture.
- Spread Cool Whip over cake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Decorate with nuts, cherries, or toasted coconut.
Read NextCarrot Gooey Cake