Katharine Hepburn's Brownies
As the story goes, Katharine Hepburn's favorite recipe for brownies has gained popularity ever since it was published in a gossip column. Katharine Hepburn's Brownies are named after the famous actress, and are some of the best brownies from scratch you will ever make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a pan of these homemade brownies that are gooey, rich and packed full of chocolatey flavor. It's no wonder these were her ultimate favorite!
Looking for more recipes made famous by your favorite celebrities? Check out our collection, Celebrity Dinner Menu: 11 Easy Recipes Made Famous by Stars.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 stick butter
- 2 squares (2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a saucepan, melt together butter and chocolate. Take the saucepan off the heat.
- Stir in sugar, add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in flour, salt and walnuts.
- Transfer the brownie batter to a buttered and floured 8-inch square pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Read NextBlonde Orange Blondies