Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls
You won't find any other cinnamon roll recipes quite like this one! These Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls are fun to make and even more fun to eat. This will surely be the biggest hit at your next brunch or breakfast. It's just another awesome way to use cake mixes in a unique way!
Enjoy more delicious sweets with this collection of 24 Effortless Recipes with Cake Mix!
- 1 package Duncan Hines moist deluxe yellow cake mix
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 (1/4-ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- softened butter or margarine (as desired)
- cinnamon and sugar (as desired)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Grease two 13x9x2 inch pans.
- Combine cake mix, flour and yeast in large bowl. Stir until well blended. Stir in hot water. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Divide dough in half. Roll half the dough into large rectangle on floured surface. Spread with generous amount of softened butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up jelly-roll fashion and cut into 12 slices.
- Place rolls in one pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise for 30 to 40 minutes, or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and nuts in liquid measuring cup. Pour evenly over rolls.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cool completely.
- For a special touch, place 1 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add 1 to 2 tablespoon water, stirring until smooth and desired consistency. Drizzle over baked rolls
Read NextSchool Cafeteria Yeast Rolls
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Nov 30, 2018
I love recipes like this Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls that are inventive, and use normal ingredients in a new way. Making the dough out of cake mix is remarkable. I had so much fun with this recipe by how it all came together. The cinnamon rolls were delicious, and now I'm wondering what else could I make out of cake mix dough.
Apr 30, 2018
Omigosh...this is what cinnamon rolls should be like all of the time. I'm thinking if using the cake mix in this recipe, it'll have more of a Danish pastry like texture...and that suits me just fine! I think the only thing I would do differently is to eliminate the corn syrup and maybe make a brown sugar cream cheese icing with tons of cinnamon in it and top it off with some pecans. Yum, I can already taste them!
Mar 29, 2017
this is such an interesting recipe! I can't figure out how it works with cake mix and yeast. I love cinnamon rolls and I think this sounds fun to make. I see that it is not as easy as popping open a tube of cinnamon rolls, but it looks and sounds delicious!
Mar 27, 2017
Don't knock this recipe until you give it a try! I have never heard of making cinnamon rolls out of cake mix before. The taste and texture are both a little different than what we are used to but these are still so delicious! Keep in mind that this recipe does take a lot longer than quickly heating up refrigerated cinnamon rolls. The yeast process takes at least an hour and then you have to allot for baking time and prep time!
Feb 06, 2014
these were awesome - definately make them again
Apr 01, 2013
These are the best tasteing rolls and they we're fun and easy to make.Took some to work and they loved them.Will be making them again
Mar 31, 2012
THE CAKEMIX CINNAMON ROLLS DID NOT GO ITO M Y RECIPE BOX
Mar 29, 2013
It would be helpful if you told us why. Did the recipe not work properly? Did the rolls not taste good? What happened?
Sep 03, 2013
you should at least be able to give a reason if you did try the recipe!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use