For an easy, budget-friendly casserole, you can't beat pasta. This tasty dish takes macaroni and adds good things like corn and kidney beans for flavor, texture, and a healthy dose of fiber. For spicier flavor, simply up the quantity of chili powder.
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn
- 1 1 19-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- Cook pasta in 4 cups of water until tender; drain.
- Saute onion in 2 tablespoons water.
- Add tomato juice, chili powder, salt and pepper, corn, kidney beans, and pasta to the onion.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Read NextCreamed Spinach With Cream Cheese.