Mashed Potatoes for 50
Expecting a lot of guests this Thanksgiving? If you're making this recipe, you'd better be!
Cooking Time20 min
- 12 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 quarts milk, warmed
- 8 ounces butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons salt
- Steam or boil potatoes. When soft, drain and place in a large bowl. You will probably have to do this in sections. Mash until there are no lumps, if you have a heavy duty mixer, whip on high for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, margarine and salt to taste. Whip until light and creamy. Makes 50 portions of 5 ounces each. Cover and refrigerate until about an hour before needing them.
- Put them covered in the oven at about 350 degrees F for an hour or so to warm. Stir to fluff them and serve. You can add a little more warm milk if they feel too dry.
Read NextSouthern Grandma's Corn Pudding