Healthy Baked Acorn Squash
Save on calories and make a sweet squash dessert for dinner tonight. Healthy Baked Acorn Squash is incredibly sweet and honey-rich!
Cooking Time2 hr 30 min
- 4 medium-sized acorn squash
- 16 teaspoons honey
- 8 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Fresh ground pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the squash in half crosswise and scoop out the pulp and seeds.
- Trim the bottoms, if necessary, so that the quash will stand hollow side up.
- Place 2 teaspoons honey in the hollow of each squash, then add 1 tablespoon butter or margarine to each and a twist or two of fresh ground pepper.
- Place squash in a large, shallow baking pan and bake, uncovered, in a moderate oven, 350 degrees F, for about 2 1/2 hours or until the squash are tender.