Cabbage and Carrot Slaw
With very few ingredients, this shredded carrot and cabbage salad has a tangy, crispy, and crunchy taste you'll love.
If you're on the hunt for a yummy salad or slaw recipe to serve at your next picnic or potluck, you're in luck. This tasty shredded carrot and cabbage salad is tossed with olive oil and vinegar, giving it a unique taste that keeps well. A much healthier alternative to slaws that use mayonnaise, this crunchy dish is sure to become a household favorite. You'll love the tangy and crisp flavor palette it provides. Plus, this recipe could easily be updated to include other veggies like lettuce or other cabbage varietals.
Preparation Time10 min
Make Ahead RecipeYes
OccasionBuffet, Game Day
Recipe CourseSide Dish, Vegetable
Dietary ConsiderationEgg-free, Gluten-free, Healthy, Peanut Free, Soy Free, Tree Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
MealBrunch, Dinner, Lunch
Taste and TextureCrisp, Crunchy, Light, Tangy
Type of DishSalad, Vegetable
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cabbage and Carrot Slaw Recipe
Combine cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Drizzle vinegar mixture over cabbage and carrots. Toss to combine.
Cover and store in the refrigerator for 1 hour, then serve.
More Coleslaw Recipes from RecipeLion.com
Traditional coleslaw recipes tend to have two main ingredients: sliced raw cabbage and mayonnaise. They're often combined with other veggies, oils, and vinaigrettes. Look out below for some yummy coleslaw ideas including traditional recipes and some unique takes on the old favorite.
1. Sriracha Coleslaw: Add some zing to your traditional coleslaw recipe.
2. Creamy Fennel and Apple Coleslaw: This recipe swaps mayo for Greek yogurt, and the result is one of our new favorite side dishes.
3. American Coleslaw: This classic coleslaw recipe is ready for your next picnic or holiday potluck.
4. Easy Beet And Carrot Slaw: Make the most vibrant veggie side dish of them all!
5. German Coleslaw: This delicious slaw pairs with pork roast, goulash, and other favorite hearty dinners.
The RecipeLion Test Kitchen has developed hundreds of delicious, editor-approved recipes for everything from family-friendly casseroles to the latest food trends.
Learn more about the chefs, creators, and editors here!Meet the RecipeLion.com Test Kitchen!
Read NextAmish Green Beans With Brown Butter