Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 6 white mushrooms
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant
- 10 ounces boneless veal shoulder, cut in 1-ounce cubes
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 pinches fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 ounce black olives
- Salt and pepper
- Dice vegetables into 1/2 inch pieces
1. In a stew pot, saute veal in very hot olive oil until golden brown.
2. Add carrot, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes and eggplant and cook another 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, thyme, wine, olives and salt and pepper to taste. Cover. Slowly cook for an hour, stirring if necessary.
Read NextItalian Veal and Vegetable Soup