Baked Veal Cutlets
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time35 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 veal cutlets
- 600 grams potatoes, cut into 1.5cm thick rounds
- 8 small pickling onions, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 lemon halved
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- salt and ground pepper to season
- 125 milliliters dry white wine
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat oil in a large roasting pan over a medium heat.
2. Add veal cutlets and cook a minute each side to brown and seal the meat. Remove from heat.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients. Cover the pan with foil and seal around the edges well. Bake in oven for 35 minutes until meat and potatoes are cooked through.
4. Remove and discard the lemon. To serve, transfer cutlets to serving plates and spoon over the vegetables and juices.
Read NextItalian Veal and Vegetable Soup