Tangy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
For a different kind of potato side dish, why not try this free recipe? Tangy twice-baked sweet potatoes will deliver a unique fusion of flavors, perfect for Thanksgiving or any other time of year!
MAKE AHEAD: Prepare the recipe through the second step, processing the pulp of the baked potatoes. Place shells (in a single layer) and potato mixture in separate containers; cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bring to room temperature. Stir potato mixture to fluff before stuffing shells; bake as directed.
Cooking Time1 hr 5 min
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated peel from small orange
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder, optional
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until tender. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pulp in a food processor. Add the goat cheese, buttermilk and butter; cover and process until smooth. Add the orange juice, orange peel and chipotle powder if desired; cover and process until combined.
- Place potato shells on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; spoon potato mixture into shells. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon.