Almond Apple Wheat Bread Stuffing
Get the true taste of fall with this delicious almond apple wheat bread stuffing. This one is bursting with apple cinnamon flavor that will be the perfect side to your turkey this Thanksgiving.
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup apple cider (juice)
- Saute apples, almonds, onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in spices and seasonings.
- Toss with bread cubes and raisins. Stir egg in 1/3 cup apple cider; toss into bread mixture.
- Add more cider if needed. (Can be baked in lightly greased baking dish - Covered, 30- 40 min.)
Read NextGreat Grandma's Famous Stuffing
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.