Hungry Man's Homestyle Beef Stew
If you ask us, the best recipes for homemade beef stew are the ones that feature a combination of meat and vegetables that practically melt in your mouth. To make this Hungry Man's Homestyle Beef Stew from Campbell's Kitchen, just toss together the ingredients and let everything simmer for a couple of hours. It really is that simple to make a sensational stew that the whole family will devour!
Find more awesome recipes from Campbell's Kitchen on the company profile page here.
Preparation Time25 min
Cooking Time2 hr
- 2 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups Campbell's® Tomato Juice
- 1 3/4 cup Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (about 6 cups)
Coat the beef with the flour.
Heat the oil in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the beef in 2 batches and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the saucepot. Pour off any fat.
Stir the tomato juice, broth, onion and black pepper in the saucepot and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the saucepot. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
Stir in the carrots and potatoes. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until the beef is fork-tender and the vegetables are tender.
Read NextOh My Gosh Beef Stew