Country Chicken Stew
This hearty stew recipe, chock full of carrots, green beans, onion, potatoes, and chicken, simmers in a creamy base to tenderness in just minutes. Perfect for the hungry family, enjoy this hearty dinner with your favorite rolls or biscuits.
Serves4 (about 1 1/2 cups each)
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time40 min
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10.75-ounces) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 soup can water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans or fresh green beans
- 2 cans (4.5-ounces each) Swanson Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook the bacon in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring often. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
Add the onion to the skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the soup, water, oregano, potatoes and carrots and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes
Stir the beans in the skillet. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the chicken, parsley and bacon and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
Read NextOh My Gosh Beef Stew