Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings Stew
This recipe for chicken and dumplings just made your life a whole lot easier. Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings Stew is a savory stew that the family will love. Made with Bisquick for ease, the stew is seasoned with herbs and vegetables to make a hearty meal that will have you eating bowl after bowl. Ready in just 30 minutes, it's a perfect weeknight supper.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepepr
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 cup cut-up cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup milk
In 2-quart saucepan, mix flour, sage, thyme and pepper. Gradually stir in broth with wire whisk until blended.
Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in vegetables and chicken; heat to boiling.
In small bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, onions and onion powder. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto boiling stew; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 10 minutes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer.
Read NextEasy Beef Stew Recipe