Beef Stew with Italian Vegetables
Tender beef simmers in a delicious mushroom tomato sauce that goes wonderfully with cooked noodles in this delicious beef stew recipe. Made with only five ingredients, Beef Stew with Italian Vegetables takes no time to prep and is a perfect meal on a busy weeknight. Full of flavor, easy to make and absolutely delicious, what more can you ask of your beef stew recipes?
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3/4" cubes (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups Prego Fresh Mushroom Italian Sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bag (16-ounces) frozen Italian-style vegetable combination or your choice of frozen vegetables
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes or medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the beef from the saucepan. Pour off any fat.
Stir the sauce and onion in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Return the beef to the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low.
Cover and cook for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir the vegetables in the saucepan. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until they're tender. Serve over the mashed potatoes.
Read NextOh My Gosh Beef Stew