Galician Style Hake with Potatoes and Peas
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-lb. hake, cut into 8 1"-thick steaks
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into eight
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
Merluza a la Cazuela. Preheat oven to 400. Layer potatoes in a 12" round cazuela or other baking dish. Scatter onions on top and add bay leaf. Add water to cover, about 2 cups. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft, about 25 minutes. Brush fish with 3 tbsp. oil, season to taste with salt, and arrange on potatoes in a single layer. Scatter peas on top and bake until fish is opaque, about 0 minutes.Heat remaining 3 tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and fry until golden, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, paprika, and salt to taste and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes Remove fish from oven and top with garlic-tomato sauce.
Read NextChicken and Sausage Paella
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use