Chicken and Sausage Paella
This image courtesy of recipelion.com/voting/One-Pot-Recipe-Contest
- 2 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces smoked sausage (cut in half lengthwise, then cut into half-circles)
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes (liquid drained and reserved)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives (sliced)
In a heavy skillet, saute onions in olive oil till slightly brown. Add garlic, sausage, drained tomatoes, chicken, paprika, and saffron; saute for another 2 minutes.
Add water to reserved tomato liquid to form 1.5 cups. Pour into skillet and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and add quinoa; cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with olives and serve. Enjoy!
Read NextClassic Albondigas
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.