Bacalao Al Ajorriero (spain)
- 1 pound salted dried cod fillets, skinned and boned
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (or less)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 canned whole pimentos, drained and chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz Brandy)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon salt ( or less)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley for garnish
(Codfish in Garlic and Peppers) Rioja-Navarra. Soak the cod in a water overnight. Do not refrigerate. Change the water twice. Drain. Place the cod in 8 cups boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes. Drain. shred the cod with a fork, removing bones and skin and set aside. In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil and butter and saute the garlic, onion and pimentos for about 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add the tomato sauce, brandy, cayenne, bat leaf, capers, salt and pepper and mix well. Cook uncovered over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring the sauce well. Add the shredded cod and mix well. Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes or until the cod is done. Discard bay leaf. Remove the cod mixture to a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve the cod with Broccoli with Walnuts and Raisins.
Read NextChicken and Sausage Paella
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use