Budget Friendly Baked Potato Soup
Need some recipes that are budget friendly? Baked Potato Soup is the way to go. This quick and easy baked potato soup will save you money at the register, but will be rich in flavor!
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot or soup kettle, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, mixing constantly until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add potatoes and scallions and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.