Chicken Tortilla Soup
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is everything that comfort food should be. It's warm and hearty, quick and easy, and oh so delicious. You won't believe how incredible such a simple soup can be. Bursting with authentic Mexican flavors, you won't be able to resist making this soup more than once. There's nothing stopping you, after all. It only takes 30 minutes to make, it's cheap, and one recipe feeds as many as eight people. That means you can serve it to guests or use it as easy, delightfully tasty leftovers.
Preparation Time15 min
Total TimeUnder 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Canola oil
- 1 Large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 Large jalapeño pepper, seeded, and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups Shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Black beans, rinsed, and drained
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) Can diced tomatoes, undrained or 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (32-ounce) Carton Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and jalapeño peppers and cook for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the chicken, beans, tomatoes, corn, broth, tomato paste, cumin, and chili powder and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lime juice. Season to taste. Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips or strips, if desired.
Customize your soup with your favorite toppings! Try diced avocado, sour cream, and/or chopped fresh cilantro.
Read NextHungry Girl Creamy Clam Chowder