Corn Side Dish
For a quick and easy side dish, your microwave comes in very handy. With simple ingredients like corn, peppers, and seasonings, you'll have a tasty side in no time at all!
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time12 min
- 1/3 cup fresh celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 4-ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a 2-/2 to 3 quart casserole dish, toss celery and green pepper in the oil.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on medium high until done, about 9 to 10 minutes.
Read NextWild Rice Pilaf