Crazy Wild Rice Casserole
This Crazy Wild Rice Casserole gets right to the point, it's crazy good! It has a slight Asian taste to it thanks to the water chestnuts and soy sauce. It's definitely one of my most favorite rice casserole recipes.
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter (margarine)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 ounces can mushrooms, sliced
- 2/3 cup water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- Bring 2 1/4 cups water to a boil - add wild rice and simmer for 20 minutes, add white rice and simmer for 20 minutes more (If using brown rice simmer for 40 minutes together).
- Saute onions and celery in butter. Add soy sauce, water chestnuts, mushrooms, and liquid from mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add everything together with rice in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Top with browned almonds and bake for 30 minutes.
Read NextThe Best Spanish Rice