Pizza Hut Original Pan Pizza Crust
As a kid, my favorite part about Sunday afternoon was going to the Pizza Hut lunch buffet with my mom and brother. We all loved the buttery, rich and thick pan pizza crust. Now you can make it at home!
- 1 1/3 cup warm water (105 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for dough)
- 9 ounces vegetable oil (3 ounces per pan)
- Butter flavored Pam
- Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large (2 quart.) bowl. Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes. Add oil and stir again. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed. Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into three balls. In three 9-inch cake pans, put 3 ounces of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9-inch circle. Place in cake pans.
- Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam. Cover with a plate. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1 inch of edge. Distribute 1 1/2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese on sauce. Place toppings of your choice in this order: Pepperoni or ham, vegetables, meats (cooked ground sausage or beef) Top with 3 ounces mozzarella cheese.
- Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown. Cut into six slices.