Battle of Concord Grape Bread
Charge into Fourth of July recipes with this Battle of Concord Grape Bread. Delicious bread recipes like these will help you honor American history on Independence Day.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 to 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups Concord grape skins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil in a large bowl. Stir until smooth and consistent.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Add cinnamon and stir.
- Gently fold in walnuts and grape skins until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into 2 well-oiled 5 x 9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pans.
Read NextMoist Chai Spice Maple Pumpkin Bread