Easy Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
Creamy, smooth, and satisfying, rice pudding is one old fashioned dessert that never fails to disappoint. This recipe for Easy Old Fashioned Rice Pudding is a classic dessert recipe that's just sweet enough, filled with cinnamon flavor, and super comforting. What's so great about this rice pudding recipe is that it's super simple. All you have to do is heat the pudding on the stove top while stirring frequently, and you'll soon have creamy, delicious rice pudding.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 1/2 cup raw rice, short grain variety like Arborio
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins, if desired
- Combine all ingredients in top of double boiler over boiling water. Cook until almost all milk is absorbed, about 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm with whipped cream, thin custard, or ice cream on top.
Read NextDr. Seuss Cloud Pudding
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Feb 10, 2017
I grew up with rice pudding. I could not remember how my mother made it and now I found a recipe for it on here. I didn't think anybody ate rice pudding anymore as it did not seem popular so I am very glad to find it. I remember the smell of it cooking, the cinnamon really does come through and there is something very comforting about the taste of warm cinnamon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use