Banana Bread Pudding
For those who like very moist banana bread, we present...Banana Bread Pudding! This is a decadent dessert that's sure to have them talking!
Cooking Time50 min
- 6 slices whole wheat bread, torn into big cubes
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup flaked or shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup cream
- 6 tablespoons rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, banana and cinnamon.
- Add water, condensed milk, coconut, the 2 tablespoons of butter, the vanilla, and salt.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread, moistening completely.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cool. Serve warm with Rum Sauce (recipe below).
- In a saucepan, melt the 1/4 cup of butter.
- Add brown sugar and cream. Boil rapidly 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add rum. Serve warm. Makes about 1 cup.
Read NextNot Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jun 06, 2018
Yum! This recipe elevates normal banana pudding by adding another great banana dessert!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.