Classic Potato Salad
A classic potato salad recipe, for those who like to stay basic with their spuds. This recipe will make you nostalgic for those long 4th of July weekends from when you were a kid!
When cooking potatoes, cook until slightly harder than normal for mashing so they do not disintegrate in the salad. Also, feel free to add in extras like green onion, peas, cheese chunks, chicken, etc. This makes for a heartier salad.
- This recipe was featured in 16 Easy Potluck Recipes, a compilation of the very best potluck recipes. Check out the article for 15 other easy potluck recipes!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups potatoes (5 to 6 medium), cooked, cubed, peeled
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
1. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, celery seed, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover; chill at least 2 hrs. Makes 5 cups.
Read NextAmish Potato Salad