Red White and Bumbleberry Pie
Do patriotic pie recipes light your fireworks? Celebrate the Fourth with summer desserts like this Red White and Bumbleberry Pie, which combines berry pie recipes and rhubarb pie recipes in an explosion of flavor.
Cooking Time50 min
- 1 cup rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (9-inch) double pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Microwave rhubarb at high for 50 seconds or until slightly softened.
- In large bowl, combine fruits and stir.
- Combine sugar, flour and cornstarch. Toss with fruit to coat evenly.
- Transfer to pie shell, dot with butter and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Pour pie filling into base crust and cover with outer crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 mins, reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 35 mins or until pastry is golden and filling bubbly.
Read NextOld Fashioned Funeral Pie