All American Apple Pie
Create sparks with this All-American Apple Pie recipe, one of many great Fourth of July recipes. Patriotic desserts like delightful apple pies will thrill your family and friends this summer.
Cooking Time50 min
- 7 tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (9-inch) double pie crust, unbaked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 tablespoons neapolitan brandy
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup flour,sifted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle apple slices with lemon juice.
- Combine rest of ingredients in a bowl and toss with apples.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Cover with second crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Read NextPumpkin Piecaken Recipe