Easy Pantry Tuna Penne
Looking for an update on a quick homemade pasta recipe? Easy Pantry Tuna Penne, made with a few simple ingredients, gets an extra kick with crushed red pepper flakes and a dash of protein with tuna. Add a few veggies to the dish to make it a healthy weeknight dinner. This 30 minute meal can serve six people, so it's great for a larger family. If tuna is on the menu tonight, then try this tuna and pasta dish.
Serving note: If you prefer, divide pasta among 6 plates; top with sauce
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 box uncooked Dreamfields Penne
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes in juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (5-ounce) cans water-packed tuna, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes until onion becomes translucent, stirring constantly (watch carefully so garlic does not burn).
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, parsley, lemon juice and capers. Cook 1 minute; add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 to 5 minutes to thicken sauce, stirring frequently.
- Gently stir in tuna; heat through.
- Add pasta to sauce. Stir gently to coat.
Read NextRasta Pasta