Spaghetti & Beet Sauce
- 1 28 oz can tomatoes
- 2 medium sized beets, scrubbed well and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 good thick stalks of celery, chopped
- green pepper, chopped (and jalepeno if so inclined)
- 2 cups washed mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 toes garlic
- salt-pepper-basil to taste
- spaghetti or other favorite pasta
In a blender, liquefy the beets, carrots, celery, parsley, onion and garlic with some of the tomatoes and the juice they are canned in. When this is a pretty smooth puree, put it into a pot and add the rest of the tomatoes and bring it to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a ten minutes. Add mushrooms and simmer for about 1/2 hour. Add green pepper. Season with salt, pepper and basil as desired. Allow it to simmer a little longer, while you cook the pasta. Serve hot with a big smile. Serves: 6-8
Read NextMacaroni and Cheese Carbonara
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.