Kewl Waffle Boats
Waffles for breakfast, really good. Waffle boats for breakfast? Really kewl! Make these fun waffle boats any time, and serve them up often. Kids love 'em, Moms love 'em, so they're a natural for Mother's Day. Maybe even breakfast in bed for Mom!
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- sugar-free syrup
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients–whole-wheat flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients–egg whites, nonfat milk, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Add all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, & mix thoroughly until there are no lumps in the batter.
- Pour the appropriate amount of batter designated by the manufacturer of your waffle iron into the iron, close the lid, and bake!
- When waffles are done baking, carefully remove and top with sliced berries, bananas, and sugar free syrup.
- Serve and enjoy! Really kewl!
Read NextNorth Carolina's Own Peach Jacks