Pumpkin and Poppyseed Muffins
At our house, we love baking pumpkin muffin recipes. There's something about pumpkin that screams "autumn," and that coincides nicely with what we feel is prime baking season. Muffins are a great way to enjoy baking with your children, and there's something about eating a muffin that always brings a smile to my face.
Cooking Time25 min
- 1/2 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 1/2 ounces butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 2 cups self-rising flour
Try these smart ideas for getting stuck muffins out of the pan (without ruining them!).How to Get Muffins Out of the Pan
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and ½ cup of the sugar.
- Add egg and beat until light and creamy.
- Add milk then fold in pumpkin, poppy seeds, and then flour.
- Spoon into pans and sprinkle each muffin with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Read NextAmish Breakfast Puffs