Corny Corn Dogs
Looking for a recipe for your deep fryer or dutch oven? You're in luck! Corny corn dogs is the perfect hot dog recipe to use in a deep fryer or dutch oven. Simply dip hot dogs in prepared batter and fry to perfection.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 hot dogs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- In medium bowl, combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Add milk, mustard, egg and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in deep-fat fryer or Dutch oven, heat 2" oil to 375F.
- Pat hot dogs dry with paper towel; dip into batter after inserting skewer into each hot dog.
- Fry until golden brown, 1 - 2 mins; drain on paper towels.
Read NextClassic Meatloaf Recipe