Microwave Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 2 1/2 to 3 lb corned beef brisket with seasonings
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, quartered
- 1 cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
Place brisket fat side up in 3 quart glass casserole, add water. Sprinkle seasonings over meat. Cover with glass lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes or until boiling. Turn meat over. Microwave on simmer for about 1.5 hours or until meat is tender. Turn meat over, add remaining ingredients, recover. Microwave for 30 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Serves about 6.
Read NextOne-Minute Apple Crisp for One
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.