Easy Beef Chimichangas
Make traditional Mexican recipes in the comforts of your own home. Stuffed with cheese and ground beef, these magnificent Beef Chimichangas are just like the ones you get at the restaurant. Crispy and filing, you'll love 'em.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1.5-ounces) package of Ortega Burrito Seasoning
- 8 (8-inch) soft-taco sized flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 jar of Ortega salsa- homestyle recipe (mild)
- guacamole, to garnish (optional)
- Brown beef; drain.
- Stir in water and burrito seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Place beef mixture evenly on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold into burritos; secure ends with wooden picks.
- Add vegetable oil to 1-inch depth in medium skillet; heat over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place 1 or 2 burritos in oil; fry, turning frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon; drain.
- Repeat with remaining burritos. Remove wooden picks. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Feb 15, 2017
I love chimichangas and I always order them when we are at a Mexican restaurant. I guess I never realized that you could make them at home. I'll definitely be trying this recipe. My husband will love that there are no beans involved. I think this would be tasty with chicken, pork or steak as the main meat. I have ordered ones called fajita chimichangas as well which has the steak, onions, and pepper all included. Delish!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use