Cheesy Vegan Lasagna
Delicious Cheesy Vegan Lasagna uses tofu cheese in place of Mozzarella and Ricotta and veggie broth in place of cream. The animals thank you!
- 2-3 jars favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1-16 oz bag spinach leaves
- 2-3 jars tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb. carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup canned low-sodium veggie broth
- 1 herbed tofu
- 8 tofutti brand
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/8 nutmeg
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1/4 C. nutritional yeast, optional
1. Slice carrots and steam, set aside. Add olive oil to a large skillet, place over medium-high heat until hot. Add parsley and garlic, saute for 1 minute. Add carrots and veggie broth; simmer uncovered for 5 min. Add herbed tofu, tofutti cream cheese, and lemon juice; stir well.
2. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until fake cheese starts to melt. Stir in nutmeg (possibly you could add some about 1/4 cup nutritional yeast at this step, just to make it a little bit more cheesy). Remove from heat; keep warm.
3. Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of 11x7" baking dish. Spread carrot mixture over top, place 3 noodles on top of that and spread tomato sauce and spinach on top of those, repeat process until all noodles are used up. Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. Uncover and bake an additional 20-30 min. until it is thoroughly heated.
Read NextLazy Day Lasagna