Easter Leg of Lamb
This wonderful lamb recipe brings out the savory flavors of the meat and has it falling right off the bone. Rubbed with rosemary, oregano and garlic, the herbs infuse the lamb with their natural flavors.
- 3 pounds to 4 pounds leg of lamb
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons whole black caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices.
- Cut slits in the lamb, and insert the garlic into the slits.
- Sprinkle the sumac, oregano, caraway, and rosemary over the lamb.
- Place a meat thermometer in the lamb. Cook the lamb for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 400 degrees F.
- Cook until the meat thermometer reads 140 degrees F (usually about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your leg). This will result in a medium-rare lamb; adjust as desired.
Read NextRosemary-Crusted Rack of Lamb