Stupidly Easy Italian Crescent Casserole
When you're pressed for time and need an easy dinner solution, try this budget-friendly recipe. Stupidly Easy Italian Crescent Casserole takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and uses just a few basic ingredients! Crescent rolls form a crust that's filled with ground beef, pasta sauce, cheese and sour cream, so there's a whole lot to love about this Italian casserole. Simply brown the beef, assemble the layers, and bake until golden brown.
And for after the meal, try any one of these 16 Best Easy Italian Desserts.
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time20 min
Cooking MethodCasserole, Oven
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a skillet, cook ground beef until brown and thoroughly cooked. Drain, add pasta sauce and heat through.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Place the dough in an ungreased 9-inch pie dish with narrow tips overlapping the rim of the dish. Mix sour cream and 1 1/4 cups shredded cheese together.
- Spread ground beef mixture onto prepared crescent roll dough, then top with sour cream mixture. Fold crescent roll dough over so the tips are in the center of the dish, try not to overlap. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cups cheese and dried basil.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Read Next24 Easy Italian Desserts
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jul 07, 2018
This looks so easy and delicious! I will definitely have to try this recipe. Has anyone tried this with ground turkey instead? We usually use ground turkey instead of ground beef. I will just have to make it and see if it is good! What are some other substitutions you can think of?
Jun 21, 2017
To answer your vegetarian question, I think beans would work and you could make it almost a chili casserole! Then, you could use chili powder instead of basil. If you were looking to keep the Italian flavors, try some diced veggies like eggplant, mushrooms, sweet peppers, or zucchini! This is a really versatile recipe and the ingredients could be mixed and matched to your liking.
Mar 29, 2017
I'll add my voice to the chorus sometimes stupidly simple is just the way to do. While I love puttering around in the kitchen, there are indeed times when my instinct is to open the nearest can. I love easy to put together recipes like this one. I love the idea of mixing the sour cream and cheese, and I'd probably top everything with some cheddar cheese added to the mozzarella. Simple and yummy is the way to go sometimes.
Jan 15, 2017
This Italian Crescent Casserole really does sound stupidly easy which really appeals to me when, after a hard day working, Im wondering what on earth to feed the family )) Sounds really tasty too and Im loving the sour cream in the sauce which will add a lovely dimension to the flavor. Does anyone perhaps have any ideas for a vegetarian version? Im wondering if beans might work? My family isnt totally vegetarian but our preferences do tend to be towards meatless meals a lot of the time.
Jan 12, 2017
This is really easy, so I don't want to call it stupid! I bet my family will love it because we like Italian dishes. It's interesting to add sour cream. I make a lot of crescent roll recipes because they are always so easy, and so good.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use