Too Easy Corned Beef & Cabbage
Enjoy a homemade corned beef recipe for dinner tonight. This succulent dish is an Irish staple that the family enjoys, and is simple to make. The rich flavor of the corned beef requires no additional seasoning and makes for a wonderful dinner. Treat your family to this Too Easy Corned Beef & Cabbage.
See more delcious recipes like these on this blogger's Featured Foodie page.
Cooking Time1 hr 5 min
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 pound corned beef, diced
- 1 head of green cabbage (about 10 cups), thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pot.
- Add the onion and salt to the pot and sauté up to 7 minutes until slightly caramelized.
- Add the corned beef and stir well. Cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring often, until the corned beef starts to shrink a little.
- Start adding the cabbage to the pot. If you’re having trouble fitting it all in at first, add a bit at a time and stir until the cabbage starts to wilt a bit. Eventually, you’ll be able to add it all to the pot.
- Cover the pot and cook for 35 minutes. Stir every five minutes or so to ensure even cooking.
- Once done, serve into bowls and enjoy.
Read Next17 Dreamy Irish Desserts