Royal Icing Cement
There are two forms of royal icing - one used for just for decorating, the other used as "cement" for gluing your gingerbread house together. Try this cement version and you won't be disappointed.
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 3 1/2 ounces warm water
- 1 pound powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Beat the meringue powder and water together.
- Stir in sugar and cream of tartar, beat vigorously for 3-4 minutes. This dries rather quickly and very hard, so cover the container with a damp paper towel when you aren't using it.