Potato Latkes With Nutmeg
If you're looking looking for latke recipes and want something with a different kick, Potato Latkes With Nutmeg are a great choice. This latkes potato recipe is a variation on the traditional latke ingredients and is sure to be a hit this Hannukah.
- 2 large onions
- 2 pounds potatoes
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Chop onions.
- Cook in oil until wilted.
- Grate potatoes and place in a colander to dry or dry them in batches between your hands. (Don't leave them long or they may darken.)
- Mix together onions, potato, oil, salt, pepper, nutmeg, eggs, and flour.
- Heat a pan with 4 tablespoons of oil.
- Drop potato mixture by tablespoons and flatten each latke as you drop them.
- Cook until golden then turn to brown the other side.
- Remove to paper towels.
- Serve at once.
Read NextBest Amish Country Dressing