Potato Latkes For Four
Potato Latkes For Four is a great latkes potato recipe for a smaller family that loves the Hanukkah treat. The latke ingredients are traditional, including the use of matzoh meal. These Jewish potato pancakes will be a savory treat this season.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons matzoh meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1/4 cup oil
- Peel potatoes and place in cold water until ready to prepare latkes.
- Starting with onions, alternately grate some onions on large holes of grater and some potatoes on smallest holes. This will keep potato mixture from blackening. (Or use food processor. The steel blade produces a smooth textured latke and the grating disk a crunchy one.)
- Press out as much liquid as possible and reserve starchy sediment at bottom of bowl.
- Return sediment to mixture, but not liquid.
- Blend potatoes with eggs, matzoh meal, salt, and white pepper.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in frying pan.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of mixture for each latke into skillet and fry, turning once.
- When golden and crisp on each side, drain on paper towels.
- Serve with yogurt, sour cream, sugar, or applesauce.
Read NextBest Amish Country Dressing