Quick and Easy Chili Sauce Sloppy Joes
This great slow cooker sloppy joe recipe is a delicious variation on the usual messy sandwiches. Try using turkey and this unique chili sauce loaded with veggies.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound boneless turkey, finely chopped
- 1 cup bottled Heinz chili sauce (or Heinz ketchup)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 French rolls
1. Place onion, bell pepper and turkey in slow-cooker. In small bowl, combine chili sauce or ketchup, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over turkey-vegetable mixture; stir with fork to break up clusters of turkey.
2. Cover and cook on LOW 4 1/2 to 6 hours or until turkey is very tender. Use a fork to break up any large chunks of turkey.
3. Cut French rolls in half and toast. For each serving, spoon turkey mixture over 2 halves of open-face, toasted rolls.
Read NextBBQ Pork Chops
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use