Arni Fricase Me Kremmithakia Ke Maroulia (lamb)
Strips of lamb, cooked with vegetables till golden brown. Make this simple Greek dish for dinner tonight.
- 5 shoulder or back of lamb
- 3/4 cup butter
- 10 scallions
- water as needed
- coarse salt
- 3 heads of lettuce
- 2 dill, chopped (or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 lemons, juice only
1.Cut lamb into serving-size strips. Place in pot with the butter. Clean scallions; chop the white part into small pieces. and the greens into larger ones (about. 1 1/2" long); add to meat.
2. Add 1/2 cup water and a little coarse salt; cook over med. heat for about. 1 hr. Clean lettuce and cut into 2-inch pieces. As soon as meat has absorbed the water it will begin to brown in the butter but do not let the scallions brown. Add dill, lettuce, salt & pepper. Cover pot and simmer over low heat for about. 15 min.
3. If it is needed, add a little water toward the end of the cooking time (not in the beginning, because then the lettuce will exude water). Beat egg yolks with 2 TB. of water, add the juice from the lemons, and beat it in well. Add a little of the liquid from the pot, beating constantly. Pour this sauce back into the pot and shake the pot gently to mix the sauce with the food. Serve immediately.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use