Blueberry Buttermilk Ice
The hot months of summer leave us wanting cool dessert recipes. This year, cool your guests down with Blueberry Buttermilk Ice. Perfect for Fourth of July celebrations the sweetness of blueberry and buttermilk is better when frozen.
Chilling Time3 hr
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Combine blueberries, sugar, buttermilk and vanilla extract in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a metal jellyroll pan or equivalent. Freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
- Using a large heavy spoon, scrape the ice from one side of the pan to the other, and serve immediately.
Read NextGerman Chocolate Lover's Frozen Pie