Low-Fat Oven Fried Fish
"Low fat" and "fried" together in one recipe? It IS possible, and in classic favorites like fried fish. This Low Fat Oven Fried Fish is ideal for those watching fat and cholesterol who don't want to skimp on taste.
This recipe is low fat and low cholesterol.
- 4 4-ounce fresh or frozen cod (or other fish fillets)
- nonstick spray coating
- 3 tablespoons seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- dash of ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Measure thickness of fish. Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray coating; set aside.
- Stir together bread crumbs, cornmeal, celery salt, and red pepper.
- Add oil, tossing to combine.
- Brush one side of each fish fillet with egg white, then dip in bread crumb mixture.
- Place fish fillets, crumb side up, in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 500 degree F oven 6 to 8 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Jun 01, 2017
Yummm! The fish was soft and flaky and the wonderfully crumbly top is so crunchy and delicious too. We added a little chopped fresh chili and garlic which gave a lovely kick to the overall flavor. If your fish was frozen do make sure to get as much moisture out of it as possible, perhaps defrost the previous evening.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use